I’m here to help fill your walls with memories you’re a part of.
I’m Dreama: a Virginia family photographer. I also wipe snotty noses and stand in as a human jungle-gym, among many other hats.
My experiences in childhood + adulthood led me to be extremely passionate in making sure that moms are getting out from behind the camera and IN the frame.
I’ve always been a bit of a sentimental person and after becoming a mama— it’s only intensified. As my kids have grown I’ve become more and more determined to document their lives so that they have something to look back on.
Some of my favorite memories as a child were baking chocolate chip cookies from scratch with my mama, hiking around the little log cabin we lived in (with a dozen cats in tow), and going out in the woods to cut and drag our Christmas tree home.
The thing is: I don’t have pictures of these memories.
You know what those stories are for yourself.
From your childhood, to falling in love, to parenthood and the family that you grow into together. I have a feeling you’re already thinking of some things but have never thought to have them recorded.
Just can’t get enough?
Here’s are a little bit more about me..
- I used to design packaging for Dollar Tree. It may sound glamorous until you realise it was mostly for things like butt paste or feminine products.
- Sweets are my weakness. I love them all.
- I am an old soul. I truly wish I was born into an episode of Downton Abbey. Talk about heartbroken when the show ended.
- Before stepping out and becoming an entrepreneur I worked for one of the best local design agencies. We got to work on designs for a local theme park among many other amazing clients. They taught me so much about properly designing things.
- I’m a serious Plain Jane. You can find me most days in a t-shirt and jeans or yoga pants. #momlife
- Growing up we had a pet skunk named stinker. He was seriously as smart as a dog.
- My love for photography didn’t start until I was required to take Photography 101 during my graphic design degree and even then I hated the thought of spending so much on a camera.
- Once I start reading a good book, I CAN’T put it down. All time faves: A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout & Sara Corbett and Peony in Love by Lisa See. I love reading about other cultures.
- I’ve cried during many movies whether at home or surrounded by complete strangers in a theater.
- Oh, and in case you haven’t noticed, I’m kinda obsessed with black & white photography.