Well, hey there! I’m Dreama: a Virginia family photographer. I also wipe snotty noses and stand in as a human jungle-gym, among many other hats.
In life I’ve experienced some pretty big changes over and over. I’ve come to realize just how fast life moves on + things change. My experiences have also led me to be more aware of people and places that mean the most right now.
Some of my favorite memories as a child were baking chocolate chip cookies from scratch with my mama, hiking around the little log cabin we lived in (with a dozen cats in tow), and going out in the woods to cut and drag our Christmas tree home.
The thing is: I don’t have pictures of these memories.
You know what those stories are for yourself.
From your childhood, to falling in love, to parenthood and the family that you grow into together. I have a feeling you’re already thinking of some things but have never thought to have them recorded.
I help document the meaningful stories in your life, so that you can slow down, be fully present and have a home filled with memories you can relive over and over.
Just can’t get enough?
Here’s are a little bit more about me..
- I used to design packaging for Dollar Tree. It may sound glamorous until you realise it was mostly for things like butt paste or feminine products.
- Sweets are my weakness. I love them all.
- I am an old soul. I truly wish I was born into an episode of Downton Abbey. Talk about heartbroken when the show ended.
- Before stepping out and becoming an entrepreneur I worked for one of the best local design agencies. We got to work on designs for a local theme park among many other amazing clients. They taught me so much about properly designing things.
- I’m a serious Plain Jane. You can find me most days in a t-shirt and jeans or yoga pants. #momlife
- Growing up we had a pet skunk named stinker. He was seriously as smart as a dog.
- My love for photography didn’t start until I was required to take Photography 101 during my graphic design degree and even then I hated the thought of spending so much on a camera.
- Once I start reading a good book, I CAN’T put it down. All time faves: A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout & Sara Corbett and Peony in Love by Lisa See. I love reading about other cultures.
- I’ve cried during many movies whether at home or surrounded by complete strangers in a theater.
- Oh, and in case you haven’t noticed, I’m kinda obsessed with black & white photography.